Cars are synonymous with wealth and luxury, especially when you are driving an expensive brand or model, which are:
- Supercars – The real deal when it comes to wealth and luxury. These cars not only are expensive yet it give comfort and status to its driver. Cars like Porsche, Ferrari, Lambhorgini, Bentley, Maserati, Jaguar, and Aston Martin .
- Middle range supercars: Value are lower compared to the first tier, however, enough horsepower to challenge it, and it seems like Nissan GTR 35 stands alone in this range. Some reviews mentioned or even compared it to Bugatti.
- Affordable cars, yet most expensive within their range: This range of car are the common cars like Honda Type R, Audi, Volksvagen Golf GTI, and many more.
Owning a either one of the above mentioned car are already a luxury, but to top it up, spending a fortune on car modifications and accessories is just like adding icing on the cake. We’ve seen many modified cars, but which one seems to stand out? Here are few different ranges of cars with the most expensive modifications and accessories.
1. Porsche 911 Turbo
Image by Gtspirit
Porsche 911 Turbo is a very fierce and one of the most respected car on the roads. The new 911 turbo comes with a 3.8-littre twin-turbo engine which gives you a top speed of 320 km/hour, and from 0-100 km/hour within in 3.0 seconds! So, it’s not a surprise that IT”S a trend to modify this beauty, ranging from:engine, body kits, wheels and rims, to increase it’s sports performance.
Let’s have a peek at the (estimated) cost of modifications:
- Engine: turbocharged from 500HP to 700 or 800HP – RM 450,000
- Actual performance body kits – RM 100,000
- Wheels and rims – RM 50,000
- Estimated cost- RM 600,000.00
- Retail price for a new car – RM 1.3 million
- Total – RM 1.9 million
2. Nissan GTR 35
Image by Wikimedia
Another strong player in the world of speed and modifications, the Nissan GTR 35 – its more than a supercar! This beauty oozes a strong character with a high level of capability, and accessible performance. GTR 35 is ranked as one of the top-performing production car brand, and originally comes with Nissan GT-R Nismo which boost a 600HP.
This car goes from 0 to 60 MPH/Hour in less than 3.0 seconds, plus it has a all wheel drive handling. Install some performance body kits or accessories, the car can increase its’ performance from 600HP to 1,000HP! How much would it cost to have a full performance modification?
- Engine: from 600HP to 1,000HP – RM 500,000
- Performance body kit – RM 100,00
- Wheels and rims – RM 50,000
- Retail price for a new car – RM 800,00
- Total – RM 1.45 million
3. Volkswagen Golf GTI
Image by Automobilesreview
Another trend for performance modifications is Volkswagen Golf GTI series. This car is very versatile which combines sportiness with everyday usage. This little cutie can hit 265HP, and its one of the most reasonable car series for modifications. Here’s the breakdown:
- Engine: from 265HP to 400HP – RM 100,000
- Performance body kit – RM 30,000
- Wheels and rims – RM 30,000
- Retail price for a new car – RM 225,000
- Total – RM 385,000
Whether you are a car modification enthusiast, dressing your car up to suit your personality or as a hobby, it’s best to think before you make any changes on your car, as it could hamper your car’s resale value.